It might be hard to imagine… it certainly is for me as I stare out the window into the snowy white abyss, but spring is just around the corner! It’s far more interesting to shop for spring right now too, don’t you think?? With that in mind, I wanted to share some fresh and affordable pieces to easily update your wardrobe this spring!!
All of the pieces I’m sharing are under $100 and most of them are less! There are SO many deals going on right now, even on spring finds! To shop my picks below just click or tap the photo.
Huge thanks to HSN for compensating me for this post.
Wardrobe Basics Picks
I cannot stress enough how important it is for you to have your wardrobe basics. When I was seeing clients, 99% of the time the issue was… lack of basics. If you want two free wardrobe basics checklists, you can subscribe to my newsletter here.
The basics are the foundation of your closet. Without them, it will be almost impossible to create outfits.
If you already have your basics covered, you should still think about modern updates. I suggest asking yourself three questions: 1) Do your basics fit and flatter your body? 2) Are they in great condition? 3) Are your basics modern?
I want to break down my picks in the collage above so you have a better understanding of why I selected them.
I love wearing lightweight sweaters in the spring and summer. If you live in a really hot climate, you might not need these, but I sure do here in Colorado!
- Trapeze Hem Sweater: This will look SO pretty now and into spring/summer. I love the texture and the length! I think this is ideal for skinny jeans because it will cover your bum.
- Open-Stitch Sweater: This beautiful, textured sweater comes in multiple colors as well as plus-sizes. Pair it with jeans, skirts, shorts, etc.
White tops are a spring/summer staple! Stock up on a few different styles.
- Knit Top – Talk about a not-so-basic…basic. This long-sleeve top takes tees to the next level! It also comes in black.
- Lace Top – Designed by Sheryl Crow, this top is stunning! It will look beautiful alone or under cardigans, blazers and jackets
- Fit and Flare Tee – The fit-and-flare shape of this tee will mask any extra weight you are carrying in your tummy. The asymmetrical hemline and split seams give it a little extra interest.
Shop more white tops here.
Never underestimate the power of flattering jeans!
- Skinny Jeans – These high-rise, dark-wash skinny jeans will be a heavy hitter in your wardrobe. These are the dressiest jeans that you can wear in some offices on casual Friday.
- White Jeans – A wardrobe staple that you can now wear year round. White jeans are no longer reserved for spring/summer only. Check out this post for styling ideas.
- Distressed Jeans – These are an example of basic with a twist. The twist is the distressing. For the most versatile option, you should grab #1, but if you want something a little different, try distressed skinnies!
Shop more jeans here.
Booties can be worn year round, especially when they are in neutral, versatile colors!
- Python Booties – Animal prints are still a HUGE trend for spring. They are surprisingly neutral and versatile. They also add an edgy pop to any basic look
- White Booties – Consider trying the basic bootie in a fresh color, like white. I have these and I have already worn them a bunch. They run true to size.
- Suede Booties – This color will literally go with everything. Consider wearing these booties with your white jeans and dresses. I love that the heel is so tiny and manageable.
If you would like styling ideas for your booties, you might like this post.
Shop more booties here.
White bags are a great every day option for the spring/summer seasons. The color will go with everything in your closet.
- Quilted Satchel – This white structured bag looks WAY more expensive than it is. It is ONLY $88!
- Hobo Bag – A slightly more casual everyday handbag option for spring/summer, this chic hobo by Jessica Simpson in a neutral color palette
- Crossbody Bag – The beautiful scarf comes with this bag!! I think this looks very similar to a bag by Gucci. It’s gorgeous!
Shop more neutral toned bags here.
When picking out basic jewelry, think about pieces that will have an impact, but are versatile enough to go with everything and wear every day.
- Mixed Metal Earrings – If you are not sure how to artfully mix metals, finding an anchor piece like these silver, gold and rose gold earrings. They will help pull everything together.
- Coin Necklace – I’ve already ordered this gorgeous coin necklace. It’s versatile and neutral enough to wear every day and yet it really makes a statement.
- Hoop Earrings – Hoops feel classic, and modern at the same time. This pair is small enough to wear every day and large enough to get noticed.
Shop more affordable jewelry here.
For those of you that are unfamiliar with HSN. They have AMAZING deals all the time, but more importantly… they are very inclusive with their sizing. Most jeans, for example, come in plus-petite, plus-tall, petite and tall. They also offer FlexPay on select items, which means you can buy now, and pay later!