Tips & Tricks
If you’re petite like me, you probably love finding ways to look taller! I know that when I put on an outfit that makes me look taller, I instantly feel more confident and ready to tackle whatever comes my way! I’ve done a post and video on how to look taller when you’re petite. Find that video and post here. I was overdue for a refresh on this category! These tips are applicable to anyone, not just petites.
The Best Clothing Item For Looking Taller In-Person And In Photos
For reference, I’m 5’4”. If you’re 5’4” and under, you’re considered petite! I don’t usually buy petite sizes. Sometimes I’ll buy pants, jeans, and coats. I recently did a post on petites for the office from WHBM! Check out that post here.
This Alice + Olivia jumpsuit is a game changer! I wore it to the rewardStyle Conference this year and loved it! Alice + Olivia is such a cool, modern line. This jumpsuit makes your legs look a mile long! It’s fitting in all the right places but very comfortable. It also felt like wearing Spanx since it sucked everything in. This is black, but it comes in dark and light wash too. I paired it with some of my favorite Marc Fisher espadrille wedges. I own lots of Marc Fisher shoes because they’re comfortable and easy to walk in! When you wear something like this with flared legs, simply wear the tallest and most comfy shoes since no one really sees your shoes anyway.
Clothing Tricks To Look Taller
You can watch me break down each tip on how to look taller in depth in this video. You’ll see before and after shots of the tips, which visually is quite helpful.
- Wear Heels – This is an obvious one!
- Monochromatic – Wearing all one color always makes you look longer!
- Dark Wash, High-Waist, Flared Jeans/Pants – A classic high-waist, dark wash jeans are slimming. The jumpsuit I’m wearing above has flared legs and you can tell that it’s very flattering!
- Tuck In Your Top – This creates a waist!
- Vertical Stripes – Pinstripes are an example of vertical stripes that are very flattering! See how I mixed prints in this post.
- Long Jackets/Cardigans – These will create an illusion of length!
- Tailoring – Don’t be afraid to get your clothes altered to fit you better!
- Handbag Size – Pick a handbag that’s more proportionate to your stature!
- Shorter Hemlines – As we get older we don’t want to wear shorter things. But cheating up that hemline will make you look taller. So if you have good legs and you like your legs, wear a shorter hemline!
- Hair Up – Wearing your hair up is mom-friendly and makes you look slimmer! Try a top knot…watch my video tutorial with 5 hairstyle ideas here.