My Favorite & Affordable Beauty Finds
Is there anything more fun or more relaxing than strolling the cosmetic aisles of a Target, CVS or Duane Read on an early Saturday morning, sans kids? Perusing new products and old favorites, I can tell you without a doubt, is easily one of my favorite weekend “errands”, and one I relish in doing all alone. No doubt, these drugstores have become an absolute mecca for the beauty-obsessed, fully stocked with a combination of skincare and make-up basics along with up-and-coming K-Beauty brands, and even some prestige brands. There are more options than ever, and it can be hard to tell which of those products are worthy of your time and money. So, I’m here to tell you that I’ve bought, tested and tried a load of goodies all in the name of research. Here’s what I think are the best, affordable beauty finds that are actually effective for your hair, skin and nails.
- Frederic Fekkai Super Strength Damage & Repair – I rotate shampoos often and always include this in the mix. It always leaves my hair clean, smooth and soft.
- Sun Bum Revitalizing Conditioner – Summer in a bottle. Worth it just to smell like a beach vacation.
- Tresemme Heat Tamer Leave-In Spray – I use this anytime I blow dry or use a curling iron. It really protects my hair from too much heat.
- Herbal Essenses Hemp Seed & Aloe Hair Oil Mist – A fun little treat ideal for air drying your hair. Just be sure to shake well because the water and oil separate.
- Sebastian Shaper Brushable Hairspray – An everyday staple. One can lasts quite a long time!
- L’Oreal Magic Root Cover Up – I’m probably about 80% gray underneath these beautiful ‘blonde’ roots. This spray is a must. I get a bottle in light brown and dark blonde, so it always looks perfect.
- Clairol Root Touch-Up Hair Color – My gray roots start showing within 10 days of a salon color. I use this on days 14 and 21 before I’m back in the salon chair on day 30 (exhausting, I know).
- La Roche-Posay Hydrating Facial Cleanser – I tried a sample recently, and now I’m hooked. A great cleanser that’s also very soothing. Perfect for a second cleanse.
- No. 7 Restore & Renew Multi-Action Serum – Lots of active ingredients make this a winner.
- Bliss Bright Idea Vitamin C Serum – Such a great value.
- ROC Daily Resurfacing Disks – I use this twice a week in the evening after cleansing. Between the pad’s texture and the glycolic acid, it’s double the exfoliating power.
- Versed Doctor’s Visit Instant Mask – Beauty editors are obsessed. This mask always sells out fast.
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheet Sunscreen SPF 70 – I’ve used this for years. It’s my preferred sunscreen for everyday (before an outdoor run) or summer day in the sun. Great for kids too. It’s excellent.
- Bliss Drench & Quench Fabulous Moisture Cream – I think it’s a great dupe for the Laniege Water Mask.
- Pacifica Vegan Collagen Eye Cream – Texture is rich, but not sticky or tacky.
- SLMD Skincare Body Wash – I hide this when guests stay. It’s that good.
- Waleda Skin Food Body Butter – This butter is rich, luscious and really addresses dry, chapped winter skin.
- Burt’s Bees Mama Body Oil – Probably my favorite body skin care item ever. I started using this when I was pregnant and haven’t stopped since. It smells heavenly – sort of lemony-vanilla. I use it every single morning without fail. I’ll even mix it with lotion if I need extra moisture.
- Eucerin Calming Cream – I highly recommend having a tube/bottle on hand to share with everyone in your house. It’s magic for any skin irritation, bug bite, rash, sunburn…everything!
- Coppertone Glow with Shimmer SPF 30 – What a great find. I can see using this less as a sunscreen and more like a body highlighter. Try applying to your chest, shoulders and even cheeks when you want an extra glow.
- Chip Skip Manicure Prep Coat – I do my own nails about once a week. And while nothing lasts forever, this prep coat seems to help. It eliminates the weird residue left on your nails so your new polish sticks and lasts longer.
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat – By far the BEST topcoat ever made. You can apply this over wet polish and literally 2 minutes later go to bed without worry. It really, really works!
- Essie Nail Color in Wicked – I like my nails kept short and painted dark. This is my favorite deep burgundy shade.
- Essie Nail Color in Ballet Slippers – If I want a natural nail, this is what I go for.
- Revlon Nail Color in Vixen – Another gorgeous, deep burgundy shade.
Hopefully, ladies, you can grab a little “me” time to wander the aisles of your favorite pharmacy, and try a few of these products. Let me know what you love (and what you don’t) and if there are products you would like me to review.
For a recap of our Busbee Team 2020 beauty item favorites, check-out this post.
To get blog posts delivered directly to your inbox, along with some awesome freebies, be sure to sign up for the newsletter here.