Bodysuits Over 40
If you are that person who hears the word “bodysuit” and wants to run in the opposite direction, please hear me out. I totally get your reservations, but allow me to share why I think these pieces are a closet essential you will wear again and again.
Below you’ll find all the reasons why I love bodysuits, key tips on how to style them, some of my favorite finds, and I’m also addressing…the bathroom situation!
Let’s do this…
BODYSUIT | SHORTS | SIMILAR SANDALS | BAG | SUNGLASSES | CUFF | NECKLACE | CHARM | CHARM | CHARM | RING
Why Wear A Bodysuit?
- STAY PUT. Bodysuits don’t ride up, they actually stay put. Yay for not having to worry about tucking, tucking and tucking again.
- NO BUNCHING. Bodysuits are sleek and streamlined which means there’s no added bulk to your frame. You look slimmer!
- PERFECT FOR LAYERING. Bodysuits are so lightweight and sleek, they are absolutely ideal for layering. It’s super easy to throw on a bodysuit and a cool jacket with jeans to be ready in minutes!
The Bathroom Situation
I know, it’s gross to talk about. But this is the reality of being a stylish woman. Besides, we do worse things in the name of fashion and beauty, don’t you think? 😉 I know the thought of completely disrobing in the bathroom is scary. But you do NOT have to do that.
Instead, two one of these two options: 1) Unsnap your bodysuit and go potty. 2) Or move your bodysuit to the side and go. The choice is yours! If I’m in a hurry, I use the side method. I get that this is TMI, but I don’t want the bathroom situation to be the reason you dismiss bodysuits.
BODYSUIT | SKIRT | SNEAKERS | CUFF | EARRINGS | SUNGLASSES | NECKLACE | CHARM | CHARM | CHARM | RING
How To Wear A Bodysuit
Contrary to popular belief, bodysuits can be worn super casually (and conservatively)…they aren’t ALL sexy! Even though there are quite a few sexy options out there, there are also a ton of really cute, casual, and more conservative bodysuits. This t-shirt style bodysuit for example just looks like a normal crewneck tee! When you’re deciding on a bodysuit, think about how you want to wear it. Here are some tips for styling your bodysuit…
- Since bodysuits are more fitted, offset that by wearing something looser on the bottom. Like a flowy skirt or baggier jeans.
- Wear your bodysuit under something. Bodysuits do draw attention to the waistline. Wear a third layer like a blazer, moto jacket, or cardigan if you’re not feeling super comfortable. The extra layer will also smooth your sides.
- If you’re wearing your bodysuit with jeans and really want to cinch in your waist, wear a belt.
I’m sharing a few of my favorite bodysuits that are perfect for women over 40 below! Have you tried a bodysuit yet? What are your thoughts? Team Bodysuit? Please share in the comments below!
To get my blog posts delivered directly to your inbox, along with some awesome freebies, be sure to sign up for my newsletter here.
Thanks for stopping by!
6 thoughts on “Everything Women Over 40 Need To Know About Wearing A Bodysuit”
Ummm what, are some of these braless?? And are they supportive? I’m looking at that second one in particular.
Who knew there were so many styles of these!
Great question, Kate! These are braless. As far as wearing a bra with these bodysuits, it just depends on the neckline. Some you can wear a bra under and others you can’t. If you can’t make sure the fabric is such that it will hold you in. xo
Regarding a bodysuit and going to the bathroom, the “move bodysuit to the side and go” is a competitive swimming trick just sub bathing suit. You know how tight the suits are, we would miss half the practice pulling our suits up! You gave me a giggle!
Haha! Very true, Melanie! Glad you enjoyed it! xo
Love this outfit! You always put together great looks! XO
I love the varied textures in this look! As usual, you look fantastic – thanks for toughing it out in the heat!!!
Comments are closed.