Jewel Tones For Spring!
For me, spring is very exciting! I love all of the bright and light colors we get to start pulling out of our closets. Not to mention the weather is amazing! But I know that some of you don’t enjoy wearing bright colors like yellow, pink, blue, etc. If you’re one of those people, I have some tips on how to wear darker colors during the spring. Jewel tones are all beautiful colors and were very popular last spring. If you have those jewel tones in your closet and want to keep wearing them this spring…here’s how!
What Are Jewel Tones?
For those of you who don’t know what jewel tones are, they’re just colors that you could find in beautiful jewelry like emeralds, rubies, sapphires, citrine, etc. Some of the most common jewel tones are… emerald green, red, deep blue, teal, mustard yellow, etc.
How To Wear Jewel Tones During Spring
These are just a few tips for how you can style your jewel-tone pieces for spring. Below, you can find three jewel-tone looks too!
- Add softer accessories – For example, instead of styling something with black booties, wear some lighter colored feminine flats.
- Mix lighter colors – Instead of wearing black jeans with your jewel tones, soften up the look by wearing white jeans. Or instead of wearing black pumps, throw on some white or nude heels. When in doubt, go with a lighter neutral color.
- Swap your denim – Lighter denim during spring and summer will help make a jewel-tone top look more spring-like.
- Fabrics – If you want to buy some new jewel-toned pieces for spring, think about fabric choice. Lighter weight fabrics are better for spring so you don’t get too hot!
- Mixing jewel tones – If you’re fashion-forward and like to mix your jewel tones. Try to pick two complementary colors and always remember differing shades of the same color is a GREAT look!
- Substitute your jewel tones – If you like to wear jewel tones but still want to go a little out of your comfort zone, think about trading one jewel tone for another. For example, instead of dark sapphire…wear topaz or aquamarine. Instead of emerald green, try ruby red.
#1 | Emerald Green
I bought this beautiful green jumpsuit by Eliza J during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale last year. I love the deep green color. This is one of those colors that looks good on everyone! This exact dress is sold out but I linked a similar one. For spring, style it with these super cute leopard print flats or some sandals! The fabric is jersey and very lightweight so you won’t get hot. As I mentioned above, pay attention to fabric choice…that will make a BIG difference.
#2 | Sapphire Blue
This gorgeous blue blazer is by L’Agence. It’s another one of the pieces I got during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and was a best seller for a while! You can see how I styled it here. I wear it a ton and love it! In the photo above I’m wearing it with a white cami, dark wash skinny jeans, nude mules, and a white bag. This look is perfect for spring!
#3 | Ruby Red
Red is such a fun color to wear! Adding a pop of red instantly makes you look chic and confident. I love wearing it year-round. I styled this red blazer is by Tommy Hilfiger two ways in this post.
Thank you for stopping by…