White is a scary color to wear as women over 40…especially on our lower half. White tends to make us look larger than we are and usually shows more skin insecurities. But there are a few secrets and tips I have for wearing white jeans after 40 that will have you feeling confident and looking stylish! Find my current favorite white jeans and tips below!
Watch me review 12 pairs of white jeans here or keep scrolling…
These white jeans by 7 For All Mankind have a cool split hem on the sides, which is perfect for showing off a beautiful shoe. They’re a pair of jeans you can stay cool in and your legs will look a mile long. They run small so size up, I’m wearing a 27.
The top I’m wearing is perfect for anyone who likes to keep their arms covered! I just did a video on how to hide flabby arms here. I love the beautiful lace fabric and the color is so feminine. The cinched, flare sleeves are so much fun!
Like I said, these jeans will frame a beautiful shoe…these See by Chloe wedges are some of my favorites and I love how much height they give me. I did an entire post on espadrille wedges here.
Shop more white jeans here.
#2 | White Express Jeans
If you prefer white jeans with a slimmer leg silhouette, the jeans above from Express are a great, affordable option! These “mom jeans” are high rise with a more relaxed fit. These are a cropped length which is great when you want to highlight a pair of shoes. The first pair adds more length.
You can see more photos of the jeans in this post. Find more of my favorites below. Plus, tips for finding the perfect white jeans!
White Jeans Tips
- Size up one size in white jeans so they’re not too tight and don’t show lumps or bumps
- If you’re worried about it, wear a longer shirt for added coverage. Hip length is the best so the top doesn’t swallow you.
- Look for higher quality, thicker denim. It will be forgiving and flattering!
- Consider the pockets. I prefer jeans that have faux pockets in the front…you’ll get the same look without the bulk and a smoother look because you won’t see the pockets through the denim.
- Go with a fit and leg silhouette that you know is flattering for you. Usually, flared jeans are the most flattering.
- Undergarments are important. There is always a see-through factor no matter what jeans you order…nude undies are key! These are my favorites.
- To create a long, lean line, wear skin colored shoes so they blend in with your leg instead of cutting you off.
Do you have any tips for wearing white jeans over 40? Please share in the comments!
Don’t forget to shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale! Find more information, important dates, and my picks here!
To get my blog posts delivered directly to your inbox, along with some awesome freebies, be sure to sign up for my newsletter here.
Thank you for stopping by!
Photos by: Aurelie Slegers