Women over 40 are told ALL THE TIME that we can’t wear certain things. That is just NOT right. You can rock anything you feel confident and comfortable wearing. Being told I can’t do something actually makes me want to do it even more…anyone else!?
Jumpsuits are one of those controversial items women over 40 are told they can’t wear. Well, I beg to differ. Exhibit A is below. The sophisticated jumpsuit below has the added bonus of being insanely comfortable and affordable. It’s ONLY $21!
Keep scrolling to see this stunning jumpsuit for women over 40 and tips to help you find a jumpsuit that will work best for you…
I mean… wow. This black jumpsuit by Scoop is SO chic and flattering! I love that the top is flowy but cinches in at the waist, which creates the illusion of a tinier waist AND longer legs! The flared legs also help to create that coveted hourglass shape. Strapless pieces can be hit or miss but this one is great because it has a convenient silicone grip that keeps it up…no tugging or adjusting necessary! The fabric is also amazing…it’s so soft it feels like you’re wearing pajamas!
I paired the jumpsuit with black strappy sandals by Scoop. The heel is 3.5” inches but the chunky block heel makes them easier to walk in! It has an adjustable buckle around the ankle, but it zips in the back…so they’re easy to get on and off. Yay! These heels make the jumpsuit the perfect length on me (I’m 5’4”).
This look is something I’d definitely wear for date night or a special occasion like a wedding. It’s chic, comfortable, and easy! During the fall, throw on a moto jacket or jean jacket and you’re all set!
Tips on Jumpsuits Over 40
The jumpsuit above is wonderful! But if you’re searching for a jumpsuit that works for you, I have a few helpful tips…
- Know your body shape. If you haven’t already, watch this video on how to determine your body shape. Knowing your body shape will help you choose a flattering neckline, shape, and overall style of jumpsuit that works best for you!
- Choose darker shades and avoid prints. Darker colors will be more flattering and slimming! Prints…especially larger scale prints…can make you look older and larger.
- Choose nicer fabrics. Some fabrics can be clingy and less-forgiving…choose wisely!
- Highlight your waist. Your waist is the smallest part of most women’s bodies. Finding a jumpsuit that cinches in that waist to create that hourglass shape (like the jumpsuit above) is key!
- Dress it up! When you find the perfect jumpsuit, make sure you accessorize thoughtfully and complete the look with chic pieces!
More From Walmart
My goal is to make style simple for women over 40…but another goal is to offer stylish and affordable options! Walmart Fashion, and the Scoop brand specifically, is a great resource for budget-friendly options!
If you’re interested in more of my favorite Walmart finds, check out the posts below!
2 Ways To Wear Shorts Over 40 (And Not Look Ridiculous)
Three Tops *Under $30* You’ll Love For Summer
3 Must Have Style Staples For Spring/Summer Under $50!
The Best White Hot Fashion Finds At Walmart Right Now
The Walmart Jacket That Gets The Most Compliments!
Two Ways To Style A Long Cardigan
How To Style A Chic Black Boyfriend Blazer Two Ways
What are your thoughts on jumpsuits over 40? Please let me know in the comments!
Huge thank you to Walmart for sponsoring this post. You can subscribe to my weekly newsletter here to receive some awesome freebies including wardrobe basics checklists and a lookbook full of outfit ideas!
Thank you for stopping by!
Photos by: Aurelie Slegers