Styling White Jeans
White skinny jeans are tough to wear. The color alone makes us look larger and then often the fabric is less forgiving than traditional denim. The fail-safe pairing for your white jeans is to wear them with a longer top. You can find a bunch of long tops that are perfect for your white jeans, skinny jeans, even leggings! I also share some more tips for wearing white jeans tips below.
Wearing a longer top will help cover your bum and hips. Since white jeans add bulk in that hip/thigh area, a longer top will really help create the illusion of slimmer hips.
This top is by Calvin Klein from Walmart. I love the stripes, knotted waist, and longer hemline. The color and stripes are fresh for spring and summer. The knot front helps create a waist. And again, the length is ideal if you want to cover your behind. The top is a little over $50, but definitely worth it…especially since finding longer tops that are also lightweight for summer is a little like finding a unicorn.
Shop all Walmart tops here.
The jeans I’m wearing are by Sofia Vergara. All of her jeans are modern, high-quality and designed to fit a variety of body types! I love that these white jeans have a studded slit ankle. It’s a fresh detail that elevates these otherwise basic white skinny jeans. The best part about these jeans…they are NOT see through!
Lastly, I threw on some white sneakers by Superga. I bought these in Las Vegas when I could no longer wear my espadrilles and they SAVED my feet!! They are SO cute and comfy. You’ll love having them this summer.
More white sneakers here.
More Long Tops
I wanted to find some more longer length tops for you to wear with those white jeans or skinny jeans. I think these tops… are really hard to find… especially stylish ones. Hopefully, these suggestions help!
Tips For Finding & Wearing White Jeans
- Size up – The tighter the jeans, the more you’ll show. To avoid showing those lumps and bumps, size up one size. I do NOT like it when I can see every wrinkle in my knees through the denim. That’s my test!
- Fabric – high-quality, thicker fabrics will be more flattering. These jeans above prove you don’t have to spend a ton to get it!
- Fit – Pick a silhouette that fits and flatters your body. Seems like a no brainer…but worth repeating! If you know a certain brand looks good on you, try that brand’s white jeans! If you prefer wide leg, go with the flares!
- Pockets – Be careful with the pockets. Since white is usually see-through, you can sometimes see the pockets through the jeans. This creates bulk that you don’t want! Look for white jeans that don’t have pockets in the front or have fake pockets.
- VPLs – Visible panty lines are another thing to think about when wearing white jeans. Make sure you wear underwear that is nude, seamless, and doesn’t show through your jeans.
- All White – Wearing all one color is very flattering and an all-white look is my favorite. Add different tones and textures to add depth.
- 3rd Layer – Adding a third layer always adds style! If you’re in a warmer climate, you can’t do this. But if you can, throw on a blazer, cardigan, or vest!
- Shoes – Your shoe choice is important too! If you want your legs to look longer, wear a neutral colored shoe. Nude, white, metallic, gold, silver, rose gold… will all keep your legs looking longer.
More With Walmart
Offering you stylish, affordable options is a big part of my mission! I’ve featured more Sofia Vergara jeans in this post. How to wear a shirtdress 2-ways here. And the most slimming, affordable jeans in this post. Make sure you stop by the site and check out Walmart’s We Dress America campaign here.