I’ve been asked multiple times if it’s okay to wear a jumpsuit over 40. My answer? YES! You can wear anything you feel sexy and confident in! Make sure you check out this post on how to make a jumpsuit work for you. And if you have more questions about what you can and can’t wear, read this post with the most controversial items 40+ women are told they CAN’T wear…and what I think about them!
My most recent jumpsuit purchase is one I know you’ll love no matter what your age!
This black jumpsuit by Paige is SO chic and cool! It’s a jogger style jumpsuit so the cuffs are elastic. It’s great for petite…I’m 5’4” and it hits my leg at the perfect spot. I love the short puffed sleeves! The tie waist gives you more shape and helps create that hourglass shape. And the fabric is soft and stretchy but still feels very high quality. The buttons and pockets also fit into the popular utility trend. If you’re interested in more trends, make sure you watch this video.
I styled the jumpsuit with my favorite booties of the season by Louise et Cie. They’re comfortable and have a manageable heel. My bag is the Chanel boy bag but I linked a more affordable option.
You could wear this outfit to dinner or on date night for a cool, edgy, chic look. I also love that you can throw this one piece of clothing on, add shoes, and be ready in less than five minutes! Ahhh… the convenience of a jumpsuit!
Tips On Wearing A Jumpsuit Over 40
- Know your body shape. If you haven’t already, watch this video on how to determine your body shape. Knowing your body shape will help you choose a flattering neckline, shape, and overall style of jumpsuit that works best for you!
- Choose darker shades and avoid prints. Darker colors will be more flattering and slimming! Prints…especially larger scale prints…can make you look older and larger.
- Choose nicer fabrics. Some fabrics can be clingy and less-forgiving…choose wisely!
- Highlight your waist. Your waist is the smallest part of most women’s bodies. Finding a jumpsuit that cinches in that waist to create that hourglass shape (like the jumpsuit above) is key!
- Dress it up! When you find the perfect jumpsuit, make sure you accessorize thoughtfully and complete the look with chic pieces!
Are you a fan of jumpsuits? Please share in the comments below!
To get my blog posts delivered directly to your inbox, along with some awesome freebies, be sure to sign up for my newsletter here.
Thank you for stopping by!
Photos by: Aurelie Slegers