Long Tops to Wear with White Jeans
How many of you find white jeans tough to wear? They are definitely tricky. The color alone makes us look larger and the fabric is often less forgiving than traditional denim. The fail-safe pairing for your white jeans, especially when you want to cover up a tummy, is to wear them with a longer top. You can find a bunch of long tops that are perfect for your white jeans, skinny jeans, even leggings below. I also share some additional KEY tips for styling your white jeans the right way.
This gauzy 100% cotton top is lightweight and breathable, a beautiful color, and long enough to cover your bottom! I styled it with a pair of flared white jeans and did a front tuck. But you could wear it untucked too. I love the puffed sleeves and cool raw hem detail. You could wear this top all summer long with white jeans, regular denim jeans, or shorts…even as a swim coverup. Shop more long tops to wear with white jeans (that will cover your bottom) below…
Tips For Finding & Wearing White Jeans
Here are some KEY tips to help you pick out the perfect pair of white jeans and style it the right way. Plus, I share everything you need to know, including the best jean silhouettes for your body shape, in this video.
- Size up – The tighter the jeans, the less forgiving they are. To avoid showing those lumps and bumps, size up one size. I do NOT like it when I can see every wrinkle in my knees through the denim. That’s my test!
- Fabric – high-quality, thicker denim will be more flattering.
- Fit – Pick a silhouette that fits and flatters your body. Seems like a no-brainer…but worth repeating! If you know a certain brand looks good on you, try that brand’s white jeans! If you prefer wide leg, go with the flares! Don’t know what your body shape is? This post is a must-read.
- Pockets – Be careful with the pockets. Since white is usually see-through, you can sometimes see the pockets through the jeans. This creates bulk that you don’t want! Look for white jeans that don’t have pockets in the front or have fake pockets.
- VPLs – Visible panty lines are another thing to think about when wearing white jeans. Make sure you wear underwear that is nude, seamless, and doesn’t show through your jeans. These are my favorite underwear that I wear with everything.
- All White – Wearing all one color is very flattering and an all-white look is my favorite. Add different tones and textures to add depth.
- 3rd Layer – Adding a third layer always adds style! If you’re in a warmer climate, you can try a chiffon duster or caftan. For cooler climates, try a blazer, cardigan, or vest!
- Shoes – Your shoe choice is important too! If you want your legs to look longer, wear a neutral-colored shoe. Nude, white, metallic, gold, silver, rose gold… will all keep your legs looking longer. Try pointed toe for even more length.
What questions do you have about wearing white jeans? Please let us know in the comments below!
To get blog posts delivered directly to your inbox, along with some awesome freebies, be sure to sign up for the newsletter here.
Thanks for stopping by!