Everyday Women. Extraordinary Style.
Like many of you, I’m juggling a house, husband, kids, and a full-time job. I’m also struggling with many of the same issues. The biggest…? Finding time to tackle it all, and realizing it’s okay to put your needs first once in a while.
While I look far from perfect most days, I have perfected the art of easy, attainable style for busy, everyday women. It comes down to having the right pieces in your wardrobe and knowing how they work best on your body.
It is my mission to not only remind you that it is okay to take time for you, but also to help you achieve amazing style that is simple, affordable, and works for your size, shape and lifestyle.
Everyday women can have extraordinary style!
I am a HUGE fan of the jumpsuit.
They are like dresses, EASY.
And, I think they are comfortable, chic and unexpected. I have three black jumpsuits and a pink one (of course, I LOVE pink as you all know)…
But, when I saw this RED one, from Asos.com, I had to have it!! I wore it to my good friend’s son’s Bar mitzvah. It felt appropriate to wear pants and keep things covered up for a kids’ celebration… but, with a fashion edge!
I felt a little like Amy Adams in American Hustle in this piece…very 70′s (minus the clevage)!!
- I could easier have swapped my rose gold platforms for black pumps. I wanted to mix things up because I always wear black with red. I DO love metallics with red too!!
- I accessorized around my “Pegasus” necklace from Stella & Dot. (The Pegasus is a bit pricey at $198, but it is SUCH a standout I think it is well worth the investment.)
- The back is open and sheer. I had to wear “fashion forms” with this. You could also wear a convertible bra for more support.
Red jumpsuit - Asos.com
Backless bra - Nubra
Pegasus Necklace - Stella & Dot
Gold Platform Shoes – Pour La Victoire – Similar Here
In addition to your LBD (Little Black Dress), you may want to consider a LWD or Little White Dress. I never wore white while living in NYC, and I have embraced this non-color, color since living in Texas.
It feels fresh, summery, youthful, pure… and sweet. Yup, I said it… sweet. I may not be the sweetest Southerner on the block, but this former no-nonsense, slightly prickly New Yorker is definitely embracing her sweet side living in the south (shhh….don’t tell anyone.)
- This dress is quite see-through, so I’m wearing a long white tank underneath to cover everything up. The back is also sheer, so tank has to have nice, skinny straps.
- I LOVE the detail in this dress…truly special and unique.
- Wear your LWD with metallics, browns, blacks or a bright pop of color! White is incredibly versatile.
- This particular dress is short. It will not work if you are taller than 5’5″. However, if you are petite like me, it’s a great length. Tall ladies, don’t despair, there are many options below.
Sunglasses – Ray Ban