White jeans and pants are notoriously difficult to wear. No matter what your age. But they are a wardrobe basic that every woman should own. Finding the perfect pair is the tricky part…Erin reviewed 12 pairs of white jeans last year and it’s a must-read post! Plus, she shares all of her white jeans tips here.
In this post, I’m sharing some super chic 40+ bloggers and how they style their white jeans and pants below.
For more style ideas from super stylish 40+ bloggers, make sure you check out this post.
1) Erin – Busbee
Erin owns quite a few pairs of white jeans! In the two photos above. She styled some cropped white mom jeans from Express (left) and white split hem jeans by 7 For All Mankind (right) with pretty pastel pink blouses!
2) Kim – J’adore Couture
I love the way Kim styled her jeans with a casual graphic tee but dressed up the look with chic black pumps! This look has an effortless cool vibe.
3) Janise – Mama In Heels
If you’re more of a white pants kind of gal, Janise’s look is perfect! I love the wide-leg pants and knit tank look! For those of you who aren’t sure about more fitted white jeans, look for a wider leg jean or pant like these for a more flattering fit! This look just screams summer and I am here for it.
4) Ana – March and May
I love the way Ana styled these white pants with a beautiful pale yellow top. This is such a fresh look for spring/summer. Yellow is one of the trendy colors for the season too.
5) Deborah – Fabulous After 40
Deborah is wearing a fail-safe, classic combo: black and white. Notice how her top is a little longer in the back? That’s a great styling way to cover your bum if that is something you’re worried about.
6) Diane – Fashion On The 4th Floor
How chic is this all-white look that Diane is wearing!? As you can see, her tapered white pants are belted and paired with a classic v-neck sweater. Another great tip for styling white and off-white pants and jeans is to vary the shades and textures like Diane did! Let’s not skip over the sparkly belt. Such a glam touch!
7) Jo-Lynne – Jo-Lynne Shane
For another classic white jeans look, gorgeous Jo-Lynne is wearing a subtle floral blouse under a denim jacket. To keep the line long, she’s wearing white pointed-toe mules that I love!
8) Folake – Style Pantry
Folake’s Instagram is full of gorgeous color! And I love how she’s wearing her ripped white jeans with a basic white top but pulled in some color with her long duster and gorgeous green shoes! Green is another “in” color for spring/summer.
9) Romy – Romy Raves
Throwing on a pretty white top is a simple but beautiful way to style your white jeans like Romy did! Don’t fear an all-white look.
10) Renia – Vens Wife Style
Renia is a 50+ blogger with the coolest style! If you’re not already following her on Instagram, you should! I love the way she styled her white jeans with beige and black!
11) Cathy – The Middle Page
Cathy is another blogger I love who has gorgeous style! I love how she styled her white jeans with a classic balloon sleeve sweater and tan mules. It’s the perfect weekend casual look.
Erin’s White Jean Tips
- Size up one size in white jeans so they’re not too tight and don’t show lumps or bumps
- If you’re worried about it, wear a longer shirt for added coverage. Hip length is the best so the top doesn’t make legs look shorter.
- Look for higher quality, thicker denim. It will be forgiving and flattering!
- Consider the pockets. I prefer jeans that have faux pockets in the front…you’ll get the same look without the bulk and a smoother look because you won’t see the pockets through the denim. You can also have a tailor cut them out and sew them shut.
- Go with a fit and leg silhouette that you know is flattering for you. Flared or straight white jeans will make your legs look longer when paired with wedges or heels (like jeans above).
- Undergarments are important. There is always a see-through factor no matter what jeans you order…nude undies are key! These are Erin’s favorites.
- To create a long, lean line, wear skin-colored shoes so they blend in with your leg instead of cutting you off. Go with closed, pointed-toe for even more length.
Do you have any questions about how to style your white jeans or pants? Please share in the comments below!
To get blog posts delivered directly to your inbox, along with some awesome freebies, be sure to sign up for the newsletter here.