“I want my legs to look short and stumpy!” Said NO woman EVER! No matter how tall you are, chances are you want your legs to look long and lean.
Even if you have shorter legs, there are styling tips you can use to make your legs look longer! I’m sharing all my secrets below…
Plus, a very affordable leg-lengthening outfit…
Before we dive into our leg-lengthening style tips, I wanted to share more about this super cute, affordable outfit!
These white flare jeans by Scoop are amazing! Scoop is one of my favorite brands at Walmart. If you missed the story behind the brand, check out this post. They make really great, budget-friendly pieces. These white jeans are only $30 and are high-quality… especially given the price. They are very high rise and the fit is lovely. I always recommend sizing up one size in white denim. I’m wearing these jeans with strappy black block heel sandals that are quite comfortable (for heels). The sandals have a zip back too so you don’t have to buckle them. I’m 5’4” and the sandals are 3.5” so the length of the jeans is perfect!
I paired the jeans with a pretty ruffle sleeve crop top by Scoop. Since the jeans are high rise, the crop top works really well! But if you prefer a longer top, tuck it in to keep the focus on that defined waist highlighted by the high rise.
The striped tote I’m carrying is perfect for summer. It’s so versatile…you can throw your beach/pool essentials in it or pair it with a chic outfit!
Tips For Longer Legs
- Rise – The higher the rise, the better! I won’t wear anything with a rise lower than 9 inches. A higher rise will give the illusion of a higher natural waist, which makes your legs look longer!
- Inseam – Think about your height and what inseam length works for you. If you’re petite, you will probably have to get jeans hemmed, unless you find them in petite or cropped lengths. But looking at the inseam length helps you figure out how much you’ll need to hem them, what shoes will work, and if they’ll work with your frame. The longer the inseam, the longer your legs will look. Opt for bootcut or flared jeans over ankle or skinny jeans.
- Leg Silhouette – Wide leg or flared jeans are the most flattering leg silhouette. The high rise combined with the flared leg will help create that hourglass shape and balance hipa, butt ans thighs.
- Hemline – If your jeans are too short, they can cut you off and make you look shorter. If they’re too long they can look like they don’t fit! You want your jeans to hit about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch off ground with your shoes on. That’s almost dusting the floor. Floor grazers will give the illusion of the longest legs possible!
- Shoe Choice – To create a long, lean line, wear closed toe, pointed-toe heels or wedges! For example, with my look above, to create maximum length I would wear white pointed-toe pumps.
More From Walmart
Jumpsuits For Women Over 40 | How To Make The Trend Work For You
2 Ways To Wear Shorts Over 40 (And Not Look Ridiculous)
Three Tops *Under $30* You’ll Love For Summer
3 Must Have Style Staples For Spring/Summer Under $50!
The Best White Hot Fashion Finds At Walmart Right Now
The Walmart Jacket That Gets The Most Compliments!
Two Ways To Style A Long Cardigan
How To Style A Chic Black Boyfriend Blazer Two Ways
How do you feel about flared jeans? What is your favorite brand? Please share in the comments below.
Huge thank you to Walmart for sponsoring this post. You can subscribe to my weekly newsletter here to receive some awesome freebies including wardrobe basics checklists and a lookbook full of outfit ideas!
Thank you for stopping by!
Photos by: Aurelie Slegers