At the end of a long, busy day, who doesn’t want to come home to a restful sanctuary and comfy bed to dive into? The older I get, the more I appreciate a calm and relaxing space. And sleep! Bedroom trends have changed over the years. Do you remember those bright red accent walls? Or how about the cold, modern styles of the ’80s? While tastes differ, I do think most of us are just eager to create a dreamy space where we can relax and unwind. Ahh, the serenity! If you are looking to make your master bedroom the retreat you’ve always wanted, there are some simple ways to make that happen!
If you’re looking for some elegant throw pillows to spruce up your bedding, you’ll find some great options here.
The Stuff Dreams Are Made Of
- Keep It Neutral – If you are truly looking for a tranquil haven, neutral shades are peaceful and have a calming affect on the mind.
- Declutter – Entering a clean and clutter-free room puts a tired mind at ease!
- Make Your Bed – Climbing into a made bed just feels better! Fresh sheets, fluffed pillows, you deserve it. And, make your bed beautiful, comfortable and luxurious with quality bedding.
- Lighting – Have some soft lighting for atmosphere and brighter lights for more practical purposes like reading.
- Have A Seat – Not on that well-made bed! Have a chair or bench for reading or putting your shoes on. This keeps the bed lovely and orderly.
- Indulgent Touches – Candles, fresh flowers, relaxing music, a pretty bedside carafe – create an ambiance of luxury.
What are your secrets for creating a peaceful bedroom for yourself or your guests? Bright or muted colors; TV or no TV; lush bedding or mood lighting? Let us know in the comments!
To get blog posts delivered directly to your inbox, and some incredible freebies too, sign up for the weekly newsletter here.